Did you know Marion County has more than 2,000 children identified as homeless? Since 2002, Marion County Public Schools' "Stuff The Bus" program has helped thousands of homeless and needy students get the school supplies they need to learn. This year, the program aims to help 2,500 students.
Every student deserves to start off the school year with the supplies they need. We encourage everyone to participate in Stuff The Bus by donating new school supplies, children’s clothing, shoes, books, personal hygiene items and gift cards, as well as financial contributions. You can drop off these supplies at the dates and locations below (information courtesy of Marion County Public Schools)
- July 12, Saturday – Walmart, 9570 SW Hwy 200, Ocala
- July 19, Saturday – Walmart Easy Street, 2600 SW 19 Ave., Ocala
- July 26, Saturday – Walmart Silver Springs, 4980 E. Silver Springs Blvd., Ocala
- July 26, Saturday – Zumba event at Vanguard High, 7 NW 28 St., Ocala, 10AM-Noon, $15 per person includes T-shirt
- August 2, Saturday – Kmart Belleview, 10301 SE US Hwy 441, Belleview
- August 5, “Super Tuesday” with stops at the Marion County Board of County Commissioners, Community Bank & Trust, Wells Fargo, Mojo’s Grill, and the Ocala/Marion County Association of Realtors®.
- August 9, Saturday – Walmart The Villages, 17961 S. US Hwy 441, Summerfield
- Checks benefitting “Operation: Stuff the Bus®” should be indicated as such and made payable to Operation: Stuff the Bus®, c/o Homeless Children Program, Marion County Public Schools, 1517 SE 30 Ave. #5, Ocala, FL, 34471.
If you have questions about Stuff The Bus or want more information, contact the school district’s Homeless Children Program at 352.671.6847 or via email at Suzanne.McGuire@marion.k12.fl.us.